Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Updates

Well, the lump is apparently nothing to worry about, as my bloodwork was normal. As I know too well with Texie, that's no guarantee of non-lymphomaness, but it makes it less likely. Also, I've now had a total of 3 doctors feel the lump and they all say it seems normal.

Oh, I'm down 19 pounds now since starting WW. I want to be happy, but I'm so sad about Texas right now.

I don't use this blog much, I think I mentioned somewhere I just put this up so I had an outlet for the time when Texie goes until we get new cats.
Well, Tex might be going to the bridge tomorrow. His lymphoma came back last week. It is in his nervous system. Poor guy wobbles like crazy. It makes me so sad. We decided not to do further chemo. We just didn't think he wanted it anymore. I think he knows it's his time. He's been spending tons of time cuddling us.
Well, I might end up needing some time to recover from this, but I will soon be using this blog regularly, until the new cat or cats takes up blogging. Maybe I will let my birds take over this blog one day. I don't know. My head is sort of spinning here. We've had since March to prepare for this, but I'm not ready and don't think I ever will be.

6 comments:

Robyn and The (Mostly) Badass Cat said...

Glad to hear that your lump appears to be normal. I hope it goes away on its own soon. Congrats on the 19 pounds down. Dieting (as in changing your diet) can be really tough.
Thanks for showing us where to find you on this blog. I'd hate to lose touch and I can understand not wanting to continue Tex's blog once he's had to go.
*hugs*
Robyn

PB 'n J said...

Glad to know we'll all still be able to find you once Texas is gone. I know it's going to be horrible and there's nothing I can say that will make it better. The only thing is that it gets less bad with time.

Be strong for your little guy though, he needs you right now.

{{hugs}}
Amanda (PB&J's mom)

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to come over and give you a big hug at this sad time. I know what it's like to nurse a cat with lymphoma and you have my love for how you are helping little Texie have his peaceful last days.

*big hugs*
Jane xx

Sweet Purrfections said...

I wanted to drop by and visit on your other blog site and give you special thoughts and prayers as you help Texas go to the bridge. I have really admired your strength though all of this and would like to keep in touch!

Sweet Praline's mom, Paula

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Great job with the weight loss. I could right a book about all that stuff!! You are doing wonderfully.

Take it day by day!

{{hugs}}

Danica

The Lee County Clowder said...

We're all here for you. And you're right -- you're never really ready for this, no matter how long you've had to prepare.

pppuuurrrrrrrrrr