Tuesday, October 14, 2008

CEO of drug manufacturer refusing to allow use of experimental drug

Please go to this link. The short story is that the FDA has granted special approval for a last ditch effort at treating someone's cancer, all the CEO of the drug company has to do is Say Yes, yet he will not allow the treatment. This person probably only has days to live without this drug, at most.

UPDATE:Now that I've been home from work, I've had time to research this more. I am noticing all sorts of holes in the story. Many people have pointed out on the other blogs that it seems unsual that the CEO's approval would be needed. Others have mentioned that the dying person was supposedly a lawyer who sued drug companies his whole life. I am leaving this post up because I don't know for sure that this story ISN'T true. I do want to apologize to my readers for not verifying my facts on this before passing this along. I get quite irritated at people that pass on stupid chain emails warning of ridiculous dangers without researching the facts. I fear I may have done something similar today, but I simply did not want another person or animal, whether it turns out this guy is some crooked lawyer or a philantropist or something in between, to die of cancer. If this all turns out to have been some strange hoax, please accept my sincerest apologies.

No comments: